Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Martin Luther King Day.

I'm sorry, i forgot to keep you posted. Yesterday was the Martin Luther King Day in the United States and honestly i didn't noticed that. Who cares? Eventually I'll tell you "What the deal with this particular day" 

First of all Martin Luther King Day is a federal holiday held on the third Monday of January. It celebrates the life and achievements of Martin Luther King Jr., an influential American civil rights leader. He is most well-known for his campaigns to end racial segregation on public transport and for racial equality in the United States.
Besides Martin Luther King was an important civil rights activist. He was a leader in the movement to end racial segregation in the United States. His most famous address was the "I Have A Dream" speech. He was an advocate of non-violent protest and became the youngest man to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. He was assassinated in 1968.


In addition I have a real close friend here in America, beyond that she's an exchange student too. Yesterday she posted a wonderful,incredible and emotional ! POST! on her Blog. Calling all my readers go and check this out.

I'm thankful that you read my Blog and please keep on doing follow me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment